Saturday, June 20, 2009

Searching...

This year has been a difficult one for me. Turning thirty and getting out of a relationship with a guy I loved has been difficult. After spending some time re-evaluating my prorities and what I want out of life I've come to the conclusion that I'm not truly happy and I haven't been for a long time.

- I'm not happy getting up in the morning and going to work every day.
- I'm not happy with all the stuff I've accumulated over the years
- I'm not happy with my lack of spiritual fufillment.

I have done very little of what truly makes me happy in the last year and that makes me sad. It's like I've sunk so low into this funk that I'm actually avoiding doing things that I enjoy.

Knowing you aren't happy, and knowing how to change that are two completely different things. I'm stuck on the second.

What I do know is that a change of scenery will help, so for the summer I'm taking Ben and we're heading off into the sunset... literally. We're heading west to Victoria. Hopefully along the way I'll find some of the answers I'm seeking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home